Jobygoob's Retro Reviews

This blog will post reviews of some of the live concerts I've attended, downloaded, or otherwise obtained through the years I've been collecting music. If available online I'll post links to where you can find the recording yourself.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Jerry Week 2006, Day 9




As Jerry Week 2006 comes to a close, I'd like to look at reasons we celebrate things. We celebrate because we are happy, commemorating an important event in our lives, but mostly we celebrate because our religion or government tells us to. That's why I am advocating to all of you next year, forget Christmas, to hell with Rosh Hashana, screw Labor Day, make Jerry Week 2007 the biggest and best celebration you have all year long.

Today's download is a great JGB show from the Keith and Donna days, hope you enjoy it.

Jerry Garcia Band, 7/23/1977, Keystone Theater, Berkeley California

Sugaree, Stop That Train, Mystery Train, Simple Twist Of Fate, The Way You Do the Things You Do, They Love Each Other, Sitting In Limbo, Tore Up, Sisters and Brothers, Stir It Up, Tangled Up In Blue

Download Jerry Garcia Band, 7/23/77 (120MB)

7 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Jerry Band!
Peace...............

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Captain Quahog said...

Hey Now...
Thanks for posting the tunes!

I'm wiping off my calendar for next year!!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Joby Treegoob said...

You're welcome Lee, hope you enjoy them

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger wildflower seed said...

Hi there
Came here via Ben's. Thanks for these shows. Will enjoy them for sure.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Joby Treegoob said...

My pleasure!

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late! :((((((((((
the links are expired/deleted for:
1) Jerry Garcia Band, 7/23/77
2) soundboard copy of Grateful Dead 10/09/1989, Hampton Va
3) Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/1987 French's Camp at Eel River
can these be uploaded again pls.? thnx in adv.!

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joby! It's me, Brian D from Bucks County, Penn State etc. Long time, long hair. Have not seen you since your wedding day. Still in Bucks here. I see there's no activity on yer blog(s) in a while but... I thought I would leave a comment just in case. I was searching the words "Formerly The Warlocks" and a blog with the word "Jobygoob" came up. It had to be you. Take care, Bri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home